Monday, October 22, 2012

Game 7

: rain in the morning, levels off; listen to A.C. Newman: Shut Down the Streets; chat with AH about our weekends, video games and distractions; "Here you go Davey-Dave!" Don't call me that; I ignore him, the California rude; take the 33 to Clement; go to 540 and wait for NB; Game 7 of the NLCS playoffs, Giants vs. Cardinals; the excitement of a crowd; straight bars are tense, men act unnecessarily macho; I think of wolf packs; an older man with four terrier puppies on one leash; "What's he doing in there? Taking a shit?" He says behind me; guy leaves the bathroom and says to me, "I was taking a shit." I didn't say it; Mirror Pond beers; a Latina lesbian thinks NB and I are together because we're talking hometown gossip; she buys us drinks, she's rowdy and drunk; Should we let her? I ask. "It'd be rude to turn her down."; the Giants win 9 to 0; "I have a court date." For what? "Drug dealing."; NB and I walk to Ju Ku; another beer and fried Japanese tapas; Our waitress H is from Nagoya; NB takes a cab home; at home, everyone is up and we're jovial.

No comments: