Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dario


: it’s early but that’s OK. I slept too much yesterday. Take a shower and avoid shaving. Not interested in my clothes; N Judah to Embarcadero, I like his golden knees and I like his orange shirt and thick wrists, corded; Rockridge outdoor festivities always competes with Folsom Street Fair; E. meets me at Hudson Bay with Dario; we walk him around the block before going back to Manila and seeing Nagamuko; drive to her new apartment building, a 4 unit, old-fashioned, reminds me of Nana Libra and Nonni’s place in Saxonville; brass and crystal fixtures, a lever that pulls and closes the downstairs door, mirrors and prints left behind, an iron shadow in the hardwood floor, scattered ventilation masks and tea cans, armoires, plastic wicker patio furniture, an empty bottle Smirnoff left on the porch stairs; we leave Dario in the car while we go to Rudy’s; Pixar tore up the secret garden in favor of an office building that looks like Sylvan; Pancakes Deuces Wild, coffee, side of bacon; pulling boxes from the pantry top shelf, sticking to the paint. “How did I ever get these up here?”; “He’s a tomcat, a mouser."; S. and S. are in the backyard, sipping Scotch; she cuts his hair with clippers, we talk Mercedes MacCambridge, Johnny Guitar; Scotch and homemade cookies; Polaroids and old photographs. We were babies; On the way to San Leando BART, “I’ve been listening to that remix: they be rapin’ evry’body up in here. Hideja kids, hideja wife”; Sun in my eyes; Man, red-faced and a red sweatshirt wearing nothing else; Safeway for coffee, yogurt, cereal and other supplies; Walking up Haight run into J. and his boyfriend J.; How do we not have a vegetable peeler?; Tuna sandwich, Project Runway and Top Chef: Just Desserts.

No comments: