Friday, April 04, 2008

Song of the Day #08

I’m a little late in the game for this series. But for the past month or so I haven’t watched much else. I’m taken – like the last cookie in the jar. I was looking for a song from the show (ritual percussions like Taiko, indistinguishable lyrics in a hybrid of Celtic) that maybe had clips. What I did find was this fan video.

This show offers what we’re lacking from our American diet. High stakes morality and ethics, a clear and discernable threat, the ability to question what’s at stake without appearing treasonous or unpatriotic. On top of that – it’s in space(!) and in a time when our entire present culture is unfootnoted and an illusion in their cosmology.

Also, the following selection is the champagne smash for tonight's Season 4 premiere on the Sci-Fi Channel.

No comments: