Friday, August 25, 2006

People Were Cutting Themselves!

“During the recent sidewalk redo, Rodeo Drive ‘looked like a war zone; there were piles of dirt for six months,’ said Bijan's assistant manager, Marjan Townsend. ‘People were cutting themselves’ on construction debris as they walked.” – LA Times, Seeing Granite as a Paving Grace, Bob Pool, August 25, 2006.

I would link the rest of the story but the L.A. Times website won't let me get to it. I'm I got to it when I did. Rodeo Drive wants to tear up the runway of their walk and add slabs of granite. I know the homeless faction is pissed. Have you ever tried sleeping on granite on a cold, LA night?

I bet someone's Prada shoes would sound like claps of thunder on a piece of mineral like that though.

But, that quote is the best. I see tanned skin, gold lame, rivulets of blood.

No comments: